Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Henry's First Few Weeks of School

My senior in preschool had his curriculum night tonight. I've been waiting to do a post on Henry, because he hasn't been willing to tell me anything about school.

Here's a side by side comparison of four-year-old pictures of me, Henry, and Nick. I'll have to find one of Greg, too.
















I found out a lot tonight about Henry's school, though! These were hanging in the hallway outside his classroom, holding up the artwork. Aren't they adorable?

Super Henry!




















Henry said he made this picture after reading "the boom boom book." He's talking, of course about Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, by Bill Martin, Jr.

























I haven't heard much about Henry's preschool thus far. He tells me "I don't want to talk about it!" when I ask. So I was happy to go in and see what he's been up to. His teacher tells me that Henry is pretty vocal and answers questions well in class. I guess when asked for his favorite color, he not only told his favorite (green), but his grandma's favorite color (purple).

























Henry has actually been sitting down and listening during circle time and story time this year. (I cheered when the teacher told me that.)

























This was Henry's family apple. He had to decorate it and then add a picture of his family. The teacher hung them all on a big "family tree."

























When I got home, I chatted with Henry and he did eventually start telling me some things he has done at school. (Finally!) I let him help me make dinner, and we decided to do breakfast for dinner. Henry even set the table!


I have no idea why Henry is shirtless. He must think he's a Calvin Klein model.

























Nothing beats French Toast and bacon on a Wednesday night.  :)

I made him put on a shirt for dinner. I mean, we have to have standards.

























Henry, by the way, can eat more French Toast than either Toni or I. I believe he ate three pieces, two before dinner and one during dinner!




















Then, after bathtime, Henry and I watched the video as we worked on the lyrics to "Do You Want to Build a Snowman." He's trying to learn the whole thing.





















I'm hoping Henry will start telling me what he's doing in school now. We shall see, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment