Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pregnancy Update: 32 Weeks









































My sister came out today and took some excellent pictures. I actually like the way I look in this one, despite the huge belly. Plus, as an added bonus, Nick jumped in and posed at the last minute. So both of my boys are in this shot.  :)


Weeks Pregnant: 32 weeks, 3 days. He's about the size of a honeydew now, and the only fruit left is a watermelon! I went for a growth ultrasound about two weeks ago (see picture below), and the doctor said that he weighed 3 lbs., 12 ounces, which is right around the 50th percentile.


























This ultrasound picture is 4D, so it is pretty cool. This boy is cute, but he definitely has my husband's big nose. What do you think?

























Weight: (From starting weight) +18 pounds or +24 pounds, depending on how you count. I lost six pounds in the first trimester, and gained all of that back plus another 18. I could be doing far worse, considering the way dark chocolate M and Ms keep calling my name.

Here, look. Just because I'm brave, I'm going to post this hilarious picture of me, even though it's not very flattering. Check out my shadow. It made my sister and I both giggle when we saw it.









































Movement: Since I had to go in for a ultrasound and movement check a few weeks ago, I've been careful about having Greg feel for movement once a day. This guy does move less than Nick did, but we've been feeling more rumbles and kicks as he grows. I'm not sure why Greg can feel movement sometimes when I can't--he's inside my belly, so you'd think I would be able to feel more.





















Nick likes to feel his little brother moving around in there as well. He's starting to get excited. I've been on the lookout for a little baby doll for him, but I can't find anything appropriate. Nick loves to copy us, and just like he uses his toy vacuum when Daddy does the floors, we figured he could feed his baby doll a bottle or pretend to change his diaper.

Exercise: Hah! Getting up from a chair is exercise in and of itself lately. I have done a decent amount of walking around, and I've been trying to keep up with my stretches. I wouldn't say I've done any actual exercise lately.

Cravings: I've been wanting nice glasses of organic 1% milk in the last few weeks, as well as dark chocolate. I've also been craving caffeine in its many forms--iced tea, coffee, lattes, and frappucinos. Strangely enough, I have had smell cravings that are quite intense in the last few weeks. I keep spraying fresh linen febreeze all over the house, and I had to buy the Sea Island Cotton cologne from Bath and Body Works.

Sleep: I wake up every two hours to use the bathroom, and at that point I have to keep flipping back and forth, from my left side to my right side and back again. My arms and legs keep falling asleep. I've been really tired, especially if I stay up later than about 9:30.

Medical: Nothing has changed with my vitamins, and I'm not anemic yet. That is pretty good, because I was so anemic with Nick by this point that I had to do shots of liquid iron, per doctor's orders. My asthma's been kind of acting up in the last week or so, though.

Mood: Today we actually brought up Nick's old clothes from when he was first born. He had to wear preemie clothes for the first couple of weeks, and all of those tiny onesies and sleepers looked impossibly small when we pulled them out today. Greg and I couldn't believe that our big boy was once that tiny. Here he is when we were packing up to leave the hospital. Nick seems impossibly small.






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Symptoms: Exhaustion. I've been getting progressively more tired as the days go on. I often pass out on the couch around 5 p.m. Oh, and I have some bad varicose veins. Do those go away after pregnancy? Man, I hope so. The nesting instinct has also set in. I usually never clean or organize, and I've been driving Greg crazy begging him to bring baby stuff up from the basement.

2 comments:

  1. I think you look great! I've definitely got some baby bump envy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful baby tummy! I love it! Not too much longer now...hang in there. We will be out this summer to visit all of you plus new baby. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete