Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Post of the Year. . .

but I will not be making resolutions tonight. I'll work on those tomorrow, perhaps. We just got back from the Shedd Aquarium, and I currently have heating pads on each of my legs. I am far, far too tired to write anything substantial. Therefore, I'm going to default to cute and silly.







































This is Nick with one of his new toys. He received it for Christmas from his Grandpa Jay and Grandma Linda. It's Dance Star Mickey, and he is quite cheesy. Basically, you press his hand, and he talks and leads the kids through several dances. He even dances a bit himself. While he isn't as creepy as the Tickle-Me-Elmo, toys that talk make me a little wary. This is because, at least in my house, they seem to talk at odd times. Greg and I will be quietly sitting on the couch, when all of a sudden, we hear "Moo!" from one of his farm toys, or "Blue hand!" from Nick's talking puppy. I was skeptical about the Mickey at first. However, he makes Nick dance up a storm. He really loves it, and I'm so glad he got this toy for Christmas. It is helping him work off all of the Christmas cookies he ate.  ; )  The last two nights in a row, he's asked specifically for dance time. "Dance with Mickey?" he asked pleadingly.

Below you will see a video of Nick dancing with Mickey, and Nick's daddy helping. You can see where Nick got his dance moves.





To answer your questions:

1. Yes, Greg knew that I was specifically videotaping this to post on the Internet.
2. No, I have no idea why Nick is wearing only one sock.
3. Yes, Nick did go to sleep immediately after this dance. He was out like a light. He seems to need to burn off a lot of energy, and the dancing helps.

By the way, tonight is night #5 without the binky. So far, so good. Although I've noticed Nick chewing on his fingers more. Sigh. You can't win them all.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some crazy dance moves...and I'm not talking about Nick...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, at least my husband isn't one of those men who refuses to dance. Greg will give it a shot, even if he doesn't know the moves. ;)

    ReplyDelete