Friday, January 14, 2011

Building Block Towers with Grandma and Grandpa

Last Saturday, my dad and stepmom came to visit. Nick had a fun time exhausting them. He especially loved building block towers with them. Running from room to room, showing off his toys, Nick was super excited to play with his Grandpa Mike and Grandma Patty.





















Nick gets everyone to build with him. He also insists that everyone sit on the floor while building. "You sit. You sit on the floor. Build. Build blocks!" He especially likes to build houses for his little plastic animals.





















It's funny--I can remember my dad sitting on the floor with my sister and me when we were little, playing with Legos. It's kind of neat to see him building with Nick, now. I do think Nick, with his floor-sitting demands, is far more demanding.





















It's funny how you revert to a child as soon as you start building. At least I do, and I've seen others do it, too. I like to build for stability, alternating blocks rather than making each wall seperately. Nick likes to build straight up, without much regard for whether the blocks will fall down.

Oh, and you know what made Nick even more happy?




















Grandma and Grandpa brought cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment