Monday, October 12, 2009

Plotting Escape


In the picture to your left, you will notice Nick and his plot to escape his baby cage. He seems very pleased with himself, and he almost succeeded in his evil mission. Lately, Nick hates the baby cage with a passion. Simply placing him down into it results in horrible bloodcurdling screams. How dare I cage him while I go to the bathroom or place knives in the dishwasher? I am so cruel to restrain him thus.

But today he figured out a way to attempt escape. He pushed his Sesame Street toy over to the edge
of the baby cage, climbed on top of it, and started trying to fling himself over the top of the baby cage. If the Sesame Street toy were slightly taller, he would've suceeded. He was thrilled with this new discovery, and repeated it twice. I fear what will happen when he tries using a larger toy. The cage will contain him no longer. I thought that was pretty creative for a (nearly) 11 month old.

Nick is almost able to stand with no hands. I would have difficulty doing this move myself, but he has nearly mastered it. He puts one leg up, then uses his very strong baby muscles to pull almost to a stand. I should try that move. It'd be great for building up my thigh muscles.

4 comments:

  1. Hes so adorable i just want to pinch his cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. If he wasn't so cute it'd be hard to put up with him. He can be a stinker. At least until he grins and hugs me. . . then it's all over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The smart ones are always trouble! I always say that Ben's cuteness is a self defense mechanism. Otherwise I would have eaten him a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So in other words, Gardenmom, you're telling me I'm in for it when he gets older. LOL

    ReplyDelete