Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Puppy Kisses

Last Sunday Greg and I took Nick to see his Grandma and Grandpa in Delavan, Wisconsin. They have two very cute dachshund puppies who loved to lick his face.

Nick adores dogs. In fact, he loves animals of all kinds. The only problem is that he tends to grab ears and pull fur and even bite. (The baby, not the dogs.) I was appreciative of how tolerant the doggies were of Nick's explorations. They whimpered a bit, but never bit or even growled. These were extremely friendly doggies.


The highlight of the trip was that Nick got to see his Great-Grandma. She is 94, and she's only met Nicholas once, when he was about a week old. She had fun cuddling with him and watching him play.


This week has been crazy busy. I have to go back to work next Monday, and I'm trying to get my last little bits of summer joy in before vacation ends.

Part of me is actually looking forward to going back to work; I love the kids and the people I get to work with everyday. But I'm going to miss having as much time with Nick. He and I have gotten closer over the summer. I suppose it's really good for him to be around other kids at the babysitter's house, though. Nick loves playing with other kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment